25 January 2010

The films of 2009 - Best and Worst



2009 was a pretty good year to be at the movies, I actually felt the quality of productions to be higher and the number of stinkers to be fewer than usual. Oh there were still many horrible movies and huge disappointments, but overall I feel my top and bottom 10 lists display 2009 as a year that can be remembered for more good than bad. As I’m conducting these lists I’ve still not seen “An Education”, “The Lovely Bones” or “Up in The Air” but I honestly feel the lists are late enough as it is (January is nearly over) and so without further ado let’s get on with it. One last thing though. Several people privy to my selection before publication bashed the absence of “Up”, from my top 10 or honourable mentions, but I honestly didn’t feel it warranted inclusion, although it was a contender for the latter category.

My Top 10 of 2009
1.Inglourious Basterds
2.Avatar 3-D
3.District 9
4.The Road
5.Funny People
6.Watchmen
7.Star Trek
8.Public Enemies
9.(500) Days of Summer
10.Coraline

Honourable Mentions: Hunger, The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Drag Me To Hell The Hurt Locker, Moon, Observe and Report, Trick r’Treat

Some of my choices garnered a bit of flack (Bemusement at “Funny People” being better than “Star Trek” and “The Hurt Locker” has been a popular rebuke) but overall my choices display much alignment with the common consensus. My bottom 10 has been attacked for not containing “Miss March” (I thought it was bad, just not as bad as most) but overall I feel it gives the awful movies of 2009 their due.

My bottom 10 of 2009

1.S. Darko (I’m aware it went straight to DVD, but it really did suck)
2.Lies and Illusions (Another direct to disc clunker)
3.The Unborn
4.Push
5.The Twilight Saga: New Moon
6.Aliens in the Attic
7.Dragonball Evolution
8.Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
9.The Ugly Truth
10.The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard

Dishonourable Mentions: Echelon Conspiracy, 31 North 62 East, The Fourth Kind, Shorts, Management, Bride Wars, Pandorum, Obsessed

And for good measure.........


The Top 5 most disappointing movies of 2009 – (because mediocrity deserves recognition too)

1.Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2.2012
3.Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs
4.The Box
5.Year One

Err......I guess you just call these mentions: The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Surrogates, The International

So agree or disagree with my selections – leave your thoughts below.

1 comments:

不舒服 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。.........................

Post a Comment